Product Innovation Manager – Software Systems
Product Innovation Manager - Software Systems
We are looking for an additional manager to our Software System team. The software team consists of professional Software Developers, Architects and User Experience personnel. We are responsible for developing modern, secure and top quality software solutions. We develop native Mobile Applications, Electronic Access Control software using cloud and microservice architecture. The software team has grown a lot and consists of about 35 people and will be split into two equal teams where you will manage one of them.
The Manager Software Platforms reports to the Director Product Innovation, Shared Technologies. The job is located in Årstadal Stockholm, and international travel is required from time to time.
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. We have for the third time been listed by Fortune Magazine as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies. The Group has 47 000 employees and annual sales of EUR 7.5 billion.
ASSA ABLOY Shared Technologies is the Group's shared global innovation organization that provides technology platforms and global digital services to local product companies. We have offices in Stockholm (Sweden), Kraków (Poland) and Gurgaon (India). Shared Technologies consists of over 250 innovative engineers out of which 130 are based in Stockholm.
Who we are
ASSA ABLOY Shared Technologies is a motivated team of professionals who puts a pride in delivering innovative, secure, high quality products that are used globally.
The office atmosphere is open, honest and friendly. We value diversity, knowledge, experience and curiosity. Our teams work according to lean/agile and DevOps principles and are organized as small, cross-functional and self-organizing units.
We value learning and are dedicated to continuous improvement, especially with our employees who we encourage to continuously learn and develop their skills. The knowledge exchange within departments and teams is an ongoing process and everyone is encouraged both to take part and contribute.
- Normal line management duties like personal development dialogues, salaries, educations.
- Ensure well-functioning development teams, improve and lead your teams of skilled engineers that develop innovative software for the ASSA ABLOY Group.
- Support projects throughout the organization. Work closely with one or several Product Managers to drive, coordinate and implement processes and continuous improvements, with special focus on development strategies, DevOps & Agile Ways-of-Working.
- Work with employee branding, recruitment and define strategies for Shared Technologies to make sure that we are an attractive employer.
- Supporting employees in projects, personal development and continuous learning.
- Cooperate with other line managers, also in different geographical locations, to support the organization to build strong and committed teams across organizational- and geographical borders.
To be considered for this position, you should fulfill the following criteria:
- You have an engineering background in Software development or equal.
- You enjoy working with people and making them grow.
- You can show a history of genuine interest in agile and/or lean product development methods.
- You have the ability to define, communicate and implement a knowledge building vision for the organization.
- You have strong communication skills towards all levels of the organization.
- You are prepared to constantly work on improving the ways of working, methods and tools.
- You have a proven track-record of delivering on your commitments.
- You are a team-player, and contribute to creating a good team spirit amongst your colleagues.
- Experience in communicating and working with visions and strategic initiatives.
- Experience from working in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Experience in implementing DevOps in SW and FW projects is a big plus.
We are reviewing applications as they come in.
Contact for more info: Sara Lindstrom, 08-503 384 48, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Ingemar Berg, email@example.com.