RESEARCH ENGINEER - AUTONOMOUS DRIVING PREDEVELOPMENT
Autonomous Transport Solutions (ATS) Pre-Development & Research is responsible for developing, testing and piloting future frontier ATS concepts. This work is done using agile and self-steered teams with the ambition to detect and evaluate upcoming technologies, and prepare these for industrialisation. We work in close cooperation with Volkswagen group, leading technology suppliers and academic institutions.
One of the groups within the department, ECPF has the strategic and operational responsibility for the pre-development of next generation Sensor Fusion, Maps and Localization solutions for the ATS environment.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of setting the future of Scania's innovative Autonomous Transport Solutions. You will be part of a highly competent multicultural team instrumental in developing cutting-edge autonomous technologies where your ideas will be encouraged and embraced.
Your work duties
As an experienced engineer, you will work with research, pre-development and advanced engineering of advanced autonomous functions with the goal of enabling our ATS vehicles to perceive, learn, and navigate through complex environments, while avoiding people and obstacles. The position also includes coordination of internal/external development teams and evaluation of new potential technologies.
This position is located in Södertälje and you will be a part of an agile development team.
- 5+ years' experience in automotive product development. You have a Masters and/or Phd or equivalent in any engineering discipline and has experience of research environments.
- You have the competence of leading and follow-up assignments, by motivating and engaging other people in the process and owns the ability to build relationships and network.
- You are a good team player and an excellent communicator and have a good command in written and spoken English. International experience and cultural awareness is considered an advantage.
- You are a fast learner, flexible, innovative and have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- Software Development Experience: Embedded software using traditional coding and/or model based approach.
- Prior experience as a team leader or system owner or product owner or similar.
This position will give you considerable responsibility and you will be able to steer and control your day-to-day work together with your team. Are you the driving force we are looking for? If so, apply as soon as possible to one of the most interesting and challenging positions within Scania. We are looking forward to meet you!
We offer an interesting and challenging job, with plenty of scope for new ideas. Scania's culture is characterised by openness, diversity and respect for the individual. Our people are our most important resource, so we invest in employee training. We will give you the opportunity to develop your skills so you can grow with us.
Please contact Naveenraj Vijayan, Head of Fusion, Maps & Localization: +46 (0)8 553 532 08.
Apply via our website HR InLine/Scania Job Search at Scania by 29 th March at the latest. Your application should include a cover letter and a CV. Applications will be reviewed and interviews are held continuously during the recruitment process.
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2017, we delivered 82 500 trucks, 8 300 buses as well as 8 500 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled nearly SEK 120 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 49 000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of Traton Group. For more information visit www.scania.com.