Data Protection Architect
Do you like complex challenges? Do you want to make an impact on society and environment on a global scale?
In our Connectivity section within Scania R&D, we develop new solutions for connected vehicles ("Internet of things"), as part of Scania's increasing focus on communication, services and smart transport solutions.
Architecture is a cornerstone enabler in this development. Therefore, we now reinforce our solution architect team with additionally one or two team members. With us, you can develop your expertise while you as part of Connectivity work cross-functionally with the development of new product-integrated services and solutions at Scania.
About the role
The role is strategic and technical, accountable for successful cloud design, development and deployment. You will help set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help build profitable business solutions. To succeed you must live and breathe:
- Data-protection by default and by design (GDPR/NIS Directive)
- Cloud Compute Technologies
- Connected Cars / Internet of Things (optional but recommended)
You'll be a subject matter expert for cloud and the following technical areas, services and technologies (In order of importance): Data-Protection, IoT, Cloud, Streaming, Networking and infrastructure, Authentication & Authorization, API Management, Containers, Automation, Docker, Machine Learning.
- Design of cloud architectures, solutions and environments, with a strong focus on AWS, to meet the business and technical needs of development initiatives within the vehicle connectivity domain.
- Actively working to establish short and long-term cloud strategies and take leadership in developing methodologies and techniques for migration to and development in the cloud.
- Nurture and coach teams on cloud computing and elastic and scalable microservice architectures to drive cloud adoption within the organization.
We are looking for applicants with an MSc in Information Technology or similar. Work life experience of 5 years is required, as minimum.
In order to be successful you need to have:
- Experienced in system and business analysis with a strong ability to elicit and translate business requirements into technical solution needs.
- Ability to constructively challenge ideas and design approaches
- Broad technical aptitude, strong design and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, good at networking and creating relationships
- Experienced working in agile development environments.
- Experience in platform and cloud migrations.
- Knowledge of patterns & best practices with data-protection by default & by design in mind
- Ability to work with teams and individuals; cross function, region and brand with respect for cultural and individual differences.
Additional skills & abilities:
- Experience in removing technology blockers (recommended)
- Developer skills and competency with multiple programming languages (recommended)
- A minimum of 5 years experience with cloud (recommended)
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with AWS (highly recommended)
Certification & Education:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (required)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional (optional)
- CISSP or CCSP in good standing with (ISC)2 (merit)
It is a merit if you've previously worked in corporate enterprises and embedded solutions. You speak and write English fluently, Swedish is considered a merit.
Scania headquarter is located less than 35 km south of Stockholm city. It is easily accessible by regional train, commuter train, bus or car. Scania's own bus line, Scania Job Express, goes from Stockholm city directly to Scania in Södertälje.
In addition to exciting career and personnel development opportunities, we offer Scania employees a competitive salary and other benefits, such as a company car, performance bonuses, a pension plan, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. We can also offer support for the relocation to Sweden and an apartment in Södertälje.
For more information contact
Johan André, Group Manager, email@example.com
Your application should include cover letter, CV and copies of certificates.
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2017, we delivered 82 500 trucks, 8 300 buses as well as 8 500 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled nearly SEK 120 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 49 000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of Traton Group. For more information visit www.scania.com.