DevOps Engineer Digital Dealer at Scania
Scania is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from a traditional truck manufacturer to a provider of complete sustainable transport solutions. IT is a crucial part of this transformation as Scania's success is depending on flexible and efficient IT solutions that support current and future business requirements.
Globalisation, digitalisation and mobility are examples of trends that are affecting our business environment. We are increasing our ability to make use of our information assets and utilize new technology. New possibilities enable us to share data with each other, apply machine learning and artificial intelligence.
We want our teams to be autonomous and agile. As a member of a development team we want you to have a good understanding of the development lifecycle and enjoy producing well-written and clean code. In the role as DevOps Engineer your responsibility will be:
- Ensure the container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) based on open source technologies is regularly maintained and released to production without any downtime.
- Increase the effectiveness, reliability and performance of container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) by identifying and measuring key indicators, making changes to the production systems in an automated way and evaluating the results.
- Ensure that the container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) is maintained properly by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, performance and system health.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within the Docker and Kubernetes environment.
- Develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation in support of Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration platform.
We think you have:
- Strong familiarity with managing AWS infrastructure
- Good knowledge of programming languages such as Go, Java or Python
- Good knowledge of tools such as Git, Terraform, Kops and Eksctl
- Know how to build Docker images in your sleep
- Shell scripting with bash is your second language
- Know how to run Docker and Kubernetes in both development and production environments
- Know modern application performance monitoring tools like NewRelic or Datadog
- Good knowledge about two or more Continuous integration and delivery platforms such as GitLab, Travis CI, CircleCI, or Jenkins
We hope you have the following mindset:
- You never do boring tasks, because you have automated them
- You have no problem with pair- or mob programming, instead you see it as an opportunity to share and learn new things
- You enjoy working in an agile team and you really understand the meaning of the Agile Manifesto and Lean Software Development
- You are curious to learn new techniques and skills
You should have a positive attitude and be able to cooperate with a team, but also work independently when required. Your ability to take responsibility for the application, be structured in your work and focus on quality is very important. You must be proficient in written and spoken English language skills.
About Scania and IT organisation
Scania is a part of Volkswagen Truck & Bus GmbH and one of the world´s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications. Scania is also leading provider of industrial and marine engines. Service-related products account for a growing proportion of the company´s operations, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Scania also offers financial services.
Scania's IT organisation is an integrated part of the company providing products and services to all business units worldwide. Based on deep Scania business knowledge and internal relations we balance in-house core competences and service production with services externally sourced and governed by us. We are around 1500 people and the majority is located in Sodertalje.
Scania är en världsledande leverantör av transportlösningar. Tillsammans med våra partners och kunder leder vi övergången till ett hållbart transportsystem. Under 2017 levererade vi 82 500 lastbilar, 8 300 bussar samt 8 500 industri- och marinmotorer till våra kunder. Vi omsatte närmare 120 miljarder kronor, varav 20 procent utgjordes av servicerelaterade tjänster. Scania grundades 1891 och finns idag representerat i mer än 100 länder, och har drygt 49 000 medarbetare. Forskning och utveckling är koncentrerad till Sverige, med filialer i Brasilien och Indien. Produktion sker i Europa, Latinamerika och Asien, med regionala produktcentra i Afrika, Asien och Eurasien. Scania ingår i Traton Group. För ytterligare information, besök www.scania.com.