Group Manager to UX/UI team, Connectivity Services at Scania IT
Connectivity Services (IXC) within Shared IT Services & Governance manages the companies central and shared services for Integration Services, Identity & Access Management Services, UI/UX and Mobility.
Our UI/UX team of 7 includes a product owner, designers and engineers that highly values quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product owners and software engineers within Scania to solve complex challenges and create a cohesive user experiences in our products.
We're now looking for a driven agile manager to lead and develop our deliveries within User Experience and User Interface. If you want to help define and drive the future of Scania's Corporate User Interface as well as provide leadership and direction for a great team, then this might be the right job for you.
Your main responsibility as a group manager will be to develop and manage a team with high expertise within the UX and UI areas, that delivers the Scania Corporate User Interface product globally as well as supporting with know-how and facilitating colleagues with achieving a great user experience with their products.
In order to succeed as a manager you'll need to know how to identify and set product strategies, envision an integrated UX ecosystems and have the courage to pursue innovative design. As a team leader, your main task will be to motivate and mentor talented members of your team to foster Scania's culture and agile principles in order to push the boundaries of what's possible. As a product representative, you will build strong relationships and collaborate with other teams to efficiently implement user experiences that are useful, inclusive and unified across all of Scania's core products.
We believe that you have a at least 2+ years of experience in a similar leading role within the UI/UX area in a Nordic country. You preferably have a background in one or several of the focus areas for the role and preferably experience in web-based development. A university degree in computer science is meritorious. As a person you have energy and a driven personality that strives to move forward and a passion to make our joint delivery successful.
In your profile, we want to see you can:
- Provide leadership and mentorship for a team of UX/UI Designers and have the ability to motivate, inspire, and challenge team members.
- Lead the delivery of product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Build agile work processes and communication flows for cross-functional teams.
- Build strong relationships within a high paced corporate climate to enable seamless cooperation and valuable knowledge transfer.
- Successfully advocate for user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
- Committed to creating elegant and effective user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
- You also take the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but the business aspects of the products as well.
- Be responsibility for recruitment initiatives and staff budget
- Working knowledge of UX/UI methodologies.
- Good knowledge of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, XD, Sketch etc.
- Strong communication skills and excellent in English (spoken and written).
You will be a part of an organisation the constantly strives to improve our agile way of working and we expect you to equally develop and challenge us in that journey. As an organisation we focus on the overall delivery and in your role you will be an important part in creating cross functional teams for successful deliveries. As a management team we strive for collaboration and diversity. So who you are, your personality, matters!
For more information
Looking forward to your application. For further information please contact Fredrik Rosenkvist (Section Manager) 08-553 812 12 or Enrico Richiello (Recruiter) +46 70 0856 227
Your application should include CV and cover letter. Selection is ongoing throughout the application period. Please apply through our website HR Inline/Job search at Scania as soon as possible and no later than June 3rd 2019. Job Id 20182974
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2017, we delivered 82 500 trucks, 8 300 buses as well as 8 500 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled nearly SEK 120 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 49 000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of Traton Group. For more information visit www.scania.com.