Software Architect / Algoritm enabler to Advanced Analytics
Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions. One big change on this journey is that Scania has to become a Data Driven Company, meaning utilizing our data assets in a more extended way to find new knowledge and use it in decisions, predictions, process improvement, strategic planning and more. To be able to support Scania on the data driven journey we need to get new knowledge from working with data exploration and machine learning.
At the Advanced Analytics team with Shared IT services we are developing machine learning algorithms. To be able to deliver value out of this we also build client layers (MVPs) and the required backend software components and pipelines to enable end user to make use of the result.
We are now looking for a team-member to take the responsibility for the design and development of backend components for the pipelines supporting training, deployment and operationalization of these algorithms
You will work closely with your team members but also with our Data Lake team and other organisations within Scania that are developing ML software.
- Good at communicate and explanation of concepts used, i t comes natural to you to communication and share knowledge with your colleagues
- Eager to learn new technologies and constantly search for new possibilities with new technique
- You want to work in a rapidly changing environment and have the ability to navigate at a high rate of change
Skills and Experience
- Software design such as OO and functional programming
- Familiar with REST development, streaming & messaging infrastructure and docker technology
- Familiar with distributed programming
- Technical background in one or more languages such as Python, Java and Scala
- Experience in CI/CD and tools like Jenkins, Git, Jira and aritfactory
- Experience with big data environment (Hadoop)
- Platform skills in Windows and Linux, Bash scripting
- Familiar working with cloud solutions
- Experience of agile way of working
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Good English knowledge
As a Scania employee you are, in addition to personal and professional development opportunities, offered benefits such as an option to sign an agreement for an employee car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm City -Liljeholmen - Södertälje, Scania Job Express.
For more information
Please contact Pär Berg, Head of Advanced Analytics, Shared IT Services, +46 8 553 806 48, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a cover letter and a CV.
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2017, we delivered 82 500 trucks, 8 300 buses as well as 8 500 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled nearly SEK 120 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 49 000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of Traton Group. For more information visit www.scania.com.