Technical Responsible for Data Protection
Storage & Server Virtualization Technologies, supplies Scania with compute and storage capabilities. A mission critical responsibility on which the whole of Scania is dependent of. We are now in an exciting transformation to enable Scania's objective to be the leader in sustainable transportation solutions. Our group work towards having strong capabilities On premise as well as meeting Cloud capabilities in hybrid solutions. We strive to improve our added business value through a combination of continuous service improvement and introduction of new and beneficial technologies. To this end we need to strengthen our team with a Technical Responsible for Data Protection. Envisioning and implementing Scania's next Data Protection Platform will be one of your first priorities.
You will be responsible for the technological architecture of Scania's Data Protection, covering both Data Centers and Public Cloud providers. Working cross functional to assess the data protection needs of the business and securing a design that delivers high quality of service. This involves working with a broad range of task such as; analysis, strategy, design, business cases, implementation, configuration, and leading the operational service delivery through our Managed Service Partner. You are supported in this endeavour by technicians and SME's from different areas, our IT architect, as well as through our cooperation with the other Volkswagen brands. This role offers you the exciting opportunity of designing and implementing next generation data protection for a technically large and complex multinational company. Giving you ample opportunity for personal growth and development in your area of expertise.
Main Responsibilities as a Technical Responsible for Data Protection:
· Technical responsible and subject matter expert for Data Protection and Backup at Scania
· Drive development of Scania's Data Protection technology, platform architecture and service delivery
· Cooperate closely with stakeholders and IT personnel, securing quality of service and alignment of improvements
· Creating, maintaining and executing our technical roadmap in line with IT strategy
· Secure timely lifecycle of systems and evaluating direct replacement versus new direction
· Continuously work with platform configuration, ensuring that data backup is performing properly
· Set the technical requirements and create documentation for the area of responsibility
· Coverage of IT community, evaluating improvements in technology, architecture, security and best practise
· Participate in purchasing and RFQ processes and provide technical recommendations
· Support Service Responsible with information towards budget, investments, and service calculations
· Guide our Managed service Provider in the operational delivery, setting framework, instructions and tasks
· Assume other related responsibilities on a case-to-case basis when needed
· Business trips may occur to meet with customers, vendor events and other VW brands
You are experienced within the area and have at least a couple of years' experience, preferably from a similar role as Technical Responsible. Furthermore, you have a deep knowledge of Data protection, a great interest in technology and knowledge within Network and Storage. During previous work experience you have used your abilities to solve the needs of your organisation and delivered quality of service. You also have performed backup and restore and learnt how to work your way around a Data Center. We believe that having a degree within IT will help you in this position but it's not a requirement. You are fluent in English.
To succeed as Technical Responsible we value your personal attributes highly. You gain motivation from taking initiatives and driving improvements forward. You believe that successful integration with other key areas of IT is important and make a great effort to connect the technology within your organisation. Finally, you are creative with an agile mind when handling both strategic and operative tasks.
In addition to exciting career and personnel development opportunities, we offer Scania employees a competitive salary and other benefits, performance bonuses, a pension plan, flexible working hours and much more.
For more information
Please contact Joakim Kreuger (Group Manager), +46 8 553 851 84 or Sarah Söder (Recruitment Specialist), +46 8 553 518 66.
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2018, we delivered 88,000 trucks, 8,500 buses as well as 12,800 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled to over SEK 137 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 52,000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of TRATON SE. For more information visit: www.scania.com.