Where do you want cloud development to be tomorrow?
The Cloud Adoption group at Scania is now looking to expand its Foundation team (for AWS) with an enthusiastic, driven and positive team member.
Do you (like us) want to embrace cloud development, learn new things, help others develop their skills, … and of course, have lots of fun while at work?
Then take the opportunity right now and apply for a position in our team with Dave and Henrik!
Who are we?
Cloud Adoption consists of three engineering teams, here are a few bullets that describe us:
- We are cloud evangelists, open minded and forward thinking
- We challenge obstacles, few things are considered impossible
- We work as a team, complement and encourage each other
- We are unprestigious, humble and transparent
What is our mission?
Scania realises that the future lies in cloud and our mission is to lead and run the cloud transformation within Scania, provide a modern development platform and be an enabler for the organization to adopt the cloud.
In practice this involves these major duties:
- Build a Foundation platform that's secure and works with our required business processes as well as providing good support for the service teams and their applications
- Work actively in reducing costs and eliminating waste, for all teams
- Support teams going to the cloud; Being a "Centre of Excellence" for cloud
- Boost the cloud community at Scania; Empowering teams and individuals to take on this challenge together
What do we offer?
As a team member of Cloud Adoption you will work with the topics mentioned above in combination with building valuable connections with various teams across Scania.
We cooperate closely with AWS and other Volkswagen brands, which allows us to participate in interesting meetings and events (AWS Summit, re:Invent, re:Inforce, to mention some).
In short, a position in our team enables you to take on challenges as a t-shaped cloud ninja with loads of cloud experience and cooperation skills, as well as the ability to work hands-on and learn new things with amazing colleagues on your side!
Who are you?
As you probably understand by now, we're not fixed on a specific background or set of skills. We believe that various backgrounds and competences are beneficial, and a good foundation would be:
- You are experienced/senior within IT but still have a thirst for knowledge
- You already have some knowledge about cloud and AWS
- You prefer automation to manual work
- You always adopt agile principles and methods in your daily work
- You see opportunities where others see obstacles
- You are a team player and always have a
positive and helpful attitude
For questions regarding this position don't hesitate to contact Rodrigo Cid, IUA, 0706683948. We look forward getting your application consisting of CV and personal letter by 31th of august at the latest.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2018, we delivered 88,000 trucks, 8,500 buses as well as 12,800 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled to over SEK 137 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 52,000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of TRATON SE. For more information visit: www.scania.com.