Axle Gear Design Engineer
Do you want to help shape the future of the transport industry? Then this is the job for you!
The group is responsible for the development, release, and launch of the axle and hub reduction gears. We lead the technical supervision, evolve technologies and processes within our field of responsibility.
We are now looking for a designer who wants to take part in the development of Scania's future powertrain and deliver solutions in order to be a leader in sustainable transports and a global champion of the truck and transport services industry.
Components of particular importance include gears, bearings, housings, shafts, seals, lubricants, couplings, differentials, and the integration of these components.
We offer a place in a kind-hearted team that together covers a variety of skills and experiences operating in a global work environment. There are great opportunities to broaden your skills and grow at the company.
Your work assignments
In the role of a designer you are given a central role in the development process from understanding needs and developing the first concepts to implementing the final verifications before the start of production.
You will work in close collaboration with test and calculation engineers within the R&D unit as well as with the cross-functions.
Your main tasks are to
- perform analyses based on defined needs and produce design documentation with CAD
- plan testing and ensure that new designs are properly evaluated and correspond to the quality demands
- support procurement in the process of developing suppliers
- support production with regards to manufacturing and assembly of components including process and tool development to achieve equipment performance requirements
- plan and optimize the product with regards to weight and cost as well as ensure producibility, mountability, and serviceability.
- continuous improvements to the operations
The day-to-day activities are characterised by collaboration in global cooperation projects especially with the departments in Germany and Brazil.
We believe you have
- technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- proficiency in 3D modelling within a product development environment. CATIA V5 is preferred
- knowledge of machine elements
- experience in design of cast iron and forging and relevant knowledge about machining
- university degree in Mechanical Engineering
- excellent ability to communicate in English but with basic understanding and willingness to learn Swedish. German is regarded as a merit
- previous working experience from Scania is regarded as a merit
For more information please contact
Recruiting manager Christofer Andersson 08-553 830 83 or recruitment specialist Tina Sundman 08-553 862 52
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2018, we delivered 88,000 trucks, 8,500 buses as well as 12,800 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled to over SEK 137 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 52,000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of TRATON SE. For more information visit: www.scania.com.