Data Engineer - Business Intelligence (Oracle/Hadoop)
Belonging to the same organisation within Scania IT handling datalake, analytics and information management, the Business Intelligence (BI) group works with development and maintenance of BI applications for Scania globally. We develop solutions for all processes and internal customers of Scania and we maintain these through our on-site resources as well as with the help of our offshore team based in India.
Data management is a central component in making the vision real - to prepare data that can be consumed by our BI applications and users. You will work with Scania's stakeholders to describe/implement information models in DW solutions and will be involved in both development of new solutions as well maintaining existing portfolio. We work with data pipelines in datawarehouse and Hadoop environments whereas Oracle database/ODI12 and Hadoop ecosystems are areas you will operate in.
Your contacts will be both with business users of the applications as well as internally at Scania IT.
Skills and Experience:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2-5 years working experience in similar position
- Data warehouse development experience, Dimensional modelling
- ELT or ETL development experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Oracle database, Oracle Data Integrator experience (other ETL tools meriting)
- Hadoop competence, as data engineer or in support function
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience of agile methods is a plus, as well as knowledge in BI tools (e.g. PowerBI, Qlik)
- Strong English language skills
In addition to the technical requirements we believe that the right candidate has the following characteristics:
- Teamplayer with result focus
- Ability to understand and relate to business demand
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- You are curious and want to learn and understand more of the business challenges and find new possibilities to solve the same
- You strive for continous improvements and challenge current structures if required
As a Scania employee you are, in addition to personal and professional development opportunities, offered benefits such as an option to sign an agreement for an employee car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm City - Liljeholmen - Södertälje, Scania Job Express.
Please click here to read more about Scania, our core values, benefits and much more.
Please contact recruiting manager Rickard Anderberg, email@example.com, +46 (0)8 553 837 67 or Johanna Ingels (Recruitment Specialist), firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 700812990.
Apply by attaching your CV and cover letter. Selection and interviews will be ongoing during the process.
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2018, we delivered 88,000 trucks, 8,500 buses as well as 12,800 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled to over SEK 137 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 52,000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of TRATON SE. For more information visit: www.scania.com.