Manager Technical Innovation – Be a part of DeLaval´s continuing success
At DeLaval we live and breathe milk.
Do you have a passion for innovation and product development? Do you want to work in a high-tech company where you can contribute to a more sustainable world?
DeLaval is strengthening their innovation capabilities by expanding their already successful Technical Innovation Team. They offer you a workplace like no other, where state of the art technology go hand in hand with sustainable food production and animal welfare.
DeLaval is the world’s largest developer, manufacturer, and provider of dairy farming solutions. They have been at the fore front of farm innovation for more than 100 years.
DeLaval is currently making a major investment in innovation and digitization that is taken place in different parts of the organization. This includes expanding their technical innovation team with a Manager who wants to combine a hands-on technical specialist role with leading and coaching the team to drive innovation and innovation projects forward.
Together with the team you act as the hub for explorative innovation within DeLaval. You support customer and innovation strategy by running proof of concepts initiatives, making technical assessments, managing technical partnerships and exploring new technologies. As Manager you are also responsible for setting up a structure for an “innovation forum” where interesting ideas are discussed and decisions about potential innovation projects and collaborations are made.
The role includes to:
- Manage, lead and coach the technical Innovation team
- Set up and lead DeLaval's Innovation Forum
- Evaluate ideas and suggestions from external parties and run concept studies
- Manage and develop the roadmap within innovation
- Participate in the Research & Innovation council
- Prepare project proposals and participates in projects funded by the R&I Council
- Staffing of project initiatives
- Hold presentations and report results to management
- Run experiments in the test farm and lab
The role ensures that the innovation team has the competence and knowledge to support customer and innovation strategies according to the set goals. The responsibility also includes to support the efficient transfer of concepts to product line organization for commercialization
As an employee of DeLaval you will get the opportunity to work in a beautiful but also practical environment, since the Hamra farm, the factory, development and the lab is adjacent to each other in Tumba south of Stockholm.
Is this you?
We are looking for a person with:
- At least seven years of experience working within innovation and product development
- Academic degree
- Leadership experience
- Broad technical interest and preferably expert in a specific area such as automation, machine learning, Big Data, vision technology, chemistry or biology
- Language skills, native in English or/and Swedish in both written and spoken
In this recruitment, your personal attributes will be of great importance. We are looking for a person who has a passion and great interest in innovation within product development. You are a natural leader where you coach and coordinate the team wisely to ensure that they create good results. To fit in with the team, you are a good listener and a curious team player with an ability to find innovative and smart solutions. Furthermore, you are a communicative person who enjoys working cross-functional with many contact areas and you like to contribute with your experience and skills to others.
At DeLaval we believe diversity in our teams makes us develop better products as well as having the best working environment
Do you want to know more?
In this process DeLaval is working with Level Recruitment. To apply, please click at the apply button. Please apply with your CV in English. If you have any question please contact recruitment consultant Jessica Bauer at 08-120 50 422.
Search: Innovation, Product development, Engineer,